Municipal Court FAQ's

Q. When is court held?
A. All court proceedings are held Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. Please contact Ashwaubenon Municipal Court at 920.492.2307 for your specific court date.

Q. What do I do if I get a citation for violating a Village of Ashwaubenon ordinance or traffic citation issued by the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Department?
A. You can pay the citation on or before the court date listed on the citation either in person at the Municipal Court office located at 2155 Holmgren Way, Room 104, Ashwaubenon, WI, or pay online by credit card at or call 1-888-604-7888 (use Pay Location Code #1625). There is a service fee.

You can appear in court on the court date listed on your citation and enter a plea of no contest, guilty, or not guilty. To enter a plea of not guilty, send a letter to the Ashwaubenon Municipal Court, 2155 Holmgren Way, Ashwaubenon, WI 54304, OR send an email to the Municipal Court at prior to the court date.

Q. Is there a warrant out for my arrest?
A. Below is the link to the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Department which provides a list of names for those individuals who have a Writ of Commitment/Warrant issued by Ashwaubenon Municipal Court. This list is updated continuously throughout the day during normal business hours Monday through Friday.

Q. What if I can’t pay the forfeiture by the due date on the Defendant’s Notice of Judgment?
A. You may request an extension of time in which to pay your forfeiture (fine). Any requests for extensions MUST be made prior to the due date. If you wish to request an extension you must:

  • Contact the Municipal Court Office at 920.492.2307 prior to the due date and we will schedule you for an extension hearing with Judge Wickert. Extension hearings take place on Wednesday evenings at 5:30 p.m.; or
  • Send a written request to the Ashwaubenon Municipal Court Office at 2155 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304, OR email us at: prior to the due date.

This Municipal Court does take partial payments and the Judge does consider any payments made (or not made) before granting any extensions.

Q. What if I do not appear at my court date or pay my forfeiture (fine) by the date given on my citation?
A. You will be found guilty by default (your fine will go up $12.60) and you will be given 60 days in which to pay the fine.

Q. What if I fail to pay my forfeiture (fine)?
A. If you fail to pay your forfeiture by the due date and fail to request an extension, the Municipal Court will begin the process of the alternative sentence that is listed on your Defendant’s Notice of Judgment:

Suspension of driver’s license

  • Your driver’s license will be suspended up to one (1) year; and
  • The tax interception of your State of Wisconsin tax refund will be submitted to the State.

Days in jail

  • A Writ of Commitment will be issued for your arrest; and
  • The tax interception of your State of Wisconsin tax refund will be submitted to the State.

If your overdue forfeiture is part of the tax intercept program through the State of Wisconsin, the account stays active for 8 years unless the fine is either paid in full or you sit the time in jail.

Q. What if I need an interpreter/translator?
A. Please contact Ashwaubenon Municipal Court at 920.492.2307 and we will provide an interpreter and/or translator at your court proceeding at no cost to you.