As stated on the main page, ideas and options for some of these projects have been discussed for over 20 years as shown below.
- 1992 District-wide referendum (failed)
- 1999 High School referendum (passed but Auditorium & Pool removed from plan)
- 2006-2008 Auditorium committee formed, worked with architects
- 2009-2010 Pool committee formed, worked with architects
- 2011 Community Center renovations/addition options studied.
Options considered over the years include a new pool behind the AHS Fieldhouse, renovating the Auditorium in its current location, building a new Auditorium on the north side of AHS, renovating and/or adding onto the Community Center in its current location. We've also looked into a single facility housing two or all three of the project components. See the Photo Gallery below for those configurations.
Because interest rates continue to be at historic lows and financing the debt through the Village (vs. the School District) would significantly reduce the tax impact, this may be a good time to consider building projects such as these.